Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Establishing Personal Contacts..



 For this blog assignment we were asked to search for my professional contacts from other countries to learn about how they advocate, help children within their programs learn, their job experiences, and personal goals,
The steps I took to find my chosen professionals were to first visit our online professional resource list, which also listed contact information. I looked into contacting: Mexico
OMEP Comité Nacional Mexicano, Haiti
Step by Step Program / Tipa Tipa, and Hungary Ec-Pec Foundation.

I sent emails to each of the head representatives, I included information about myself, my reason for contacting them, and information I was interested in learning about, in terms of their childcare programs. I believe I will have some success in hearing back from these individuals, if a challenge was to arise, I will continue to search our resource list within other countries.

In addition to this assignment I decided to choose the National Black Child Development Institute (NCBDI) website to research and learn more about their mission. The reason I was interested in choosing this website was due to having already learned so much about the NAEYC, Head start, and Zero to Three. I decided to explore further into a site and foundation I was less familiar with.


  

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture Cynthia, I also hope you have success in hearing from your contacts, good luck!

    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cynthia,

    I hope we all will be successful in making contact with international professionals. I think that would be really great, because we can establish networking systems that might can help us further in our journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cynthia,
    I agree with Yolanda. That is a beautiful picture. The National Black Child Development Institute is a good organization to study. I look forward to reading your thoughts and insights about the organization.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cynthia,
    I haven't had the opportunity to explore this website either. I was in the same dilemma as you about exploring the National Head Start and Zero to Three website so I decided to step out a little and now I look forward to learning more about the website you chose.

    ReplyDelete