Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Time Well Spent...


Throughout this Capstone journey, I have learned so many valuable lessons, on building a strong foundation, on challenge in which I am so passionate about. I have worked in the early childhood field for over 16 years. In that time, I have completed many courses, towards furthering my skills as a professional.

One important lesson I learned while in this course was how to create a worddle of words, that were powerful, and resonated most in my life. Those words were a reflection of things I had observed in young children and families, feelings I experienced, and goals that are not yet completed, but are on my list to accomplish.



The next lesson I gained from this course, is how to take a challenge in which I was so passionate about, build a team of strong individuals, that will work in collaboration with myself, to advocate for a solution.

Finally, the most important lesson, which resonated most to myself, was finding out the type of leader, I am currently, and finding out the type of leader, I wish to become. Finding your strengths, admitting areas to work on, and setting goals to improvement, will only enhance my skills as an early educator, as well as making marketable, for higher positions in the future.

My long term goal, will be to continue advocating for; Play-based learning, not only in preschool children, but possibly within primary schools as well.

I would like to thank Dr. E, for her strong encouragement, positive, and helpful feedback through each application and discussion. To my colleagues, I have enjoyed getting to know each member on my team, through Blogs, and discussions. I appreciate the peer support, I recieved as well.

Good luck to each of you, and I hope to meet you all, as we walk the stage towards new beginnings in our lives. Please stay in touch!

Contact Information: Cynthia Wright Mickens
 
 

 

6 comments:

  1. Dear Cynthia
    I want to thank you for all of your support and encouragement. I like to thank you for sending me quotes to encourage me along my journey. I will miss reading your assignments each week you are truly an inspiration to all and you will be truly be miss.Please stay in touch and I will do the same and look forward to meeting you at graduation to walk that stage with pride for all the hard work and late nights up , but it all paid off in the end May God Bless and keep you and your family. Have a great week!
    Temika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Chythia,
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well. I have truly enjoyed completing this journey with you and our fellow classmates. I wish you much success in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cynthia,

    I would like to thank you for your post and the information you provide on your blog. I really like the quote you posted from Dr. Seuss. I hope that you succeed in your career field and strive to be the greatest person you can be. I want to wish you the best success in the future and I hope you have a great last week of class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cynthia,
    Thank you for sharing so much of yourself during this course. I love your Wordle! Creating the Wordle was such a great assignment. It allowed us to be creative while examining what was important to us. I agree with you about the course and identifying a topic that we are passionate about. For many years, I thought I would work with the Air Force in their child development program. This course helped me explore Early Head Start, and it helped me find a new and more exciting area to be passionate about in my career. Also, I love play-based learning, and I am excited that you want to advocate for it.
    Best wishes in achieving your goals and making a difference in the world of early childhood education,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cynthia,
    We did it!! Now we all are off to another journey in our life, I really enjoyed reading all your blogs and thanks for sharing your Wordle we all learn from each other. I wish you much success in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cynthia,
    We made it! I wish you much success as you advocate for play-based learning. I hope that you also enjoy your new position. Best Wishes in your future endeavors!
    - Marguerite

    ReplyDelete