Monday, June 22, 2015

Nearing our Journey: Reflecting on Learning



Throughout this course, I have learned many valuable resources, a skills that will help me expand and grow as a professional early educator. I have chosen to embark on a new journey, which will involve being out of the classroom, and working more in the community with young children and families.

My hopes for the early childhood field, is that all children and families continue to receive quality care, fairness, support from school, and the community, as well as support in learning that will enhance growth, and developmental skills.

I would like to thank Dr. Kein, for providing so many great resources, media segments, example scenarios, and activities, that help expand my knowledge in learning to work with children and families, that are differently abled,  who may encounter –isms in their daily lives, and also how to support families through such challenges.

To my colleagues, I have enjoyed the discussions, the personal stories, and experiences, which were provided through our blogs. While having the pleasure of learning with each of you, I suddenly remembered that many of the challenges I have encountered as an early educator, while working with children and families, were “normal”, and through patience, nurturing, strong advocacy, and perseverance, our main goals in the end, are to help children and families succeed.

Good luck to you all! Many of you I will see in our last semester, on our final journey towards obtaining our degree.

 


5 comments:

  1. Cynthia,
    I have to agree with you, the resources in this course were very informative. Along with the feedback from the Professor and colleagues it has made this learning experience for me helpful to my future work in the field. I have truly enjoyed learning about the experiences we shared with each other throughout this course. Good luck in your future work on the field and your personal development.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia,
    I really enjoyed your blogs, thoughts and opinions.And I can really say that I have gained insight from you and your stand points. It is always sad and bittersweet at the end of each course but we have to take the knowledge we have gained here and build on it. Again I wish you much success and a bright future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia,
    I couldn’t agree more with you in the value of this course’s resources and assignments. I feel as though it has been one of the final pieces that I needed to establish a personal belief in my professional skills to do this work. Good luck on your new adventure! I am sure you will find success!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cynthia,
    I am so excited for you when hearing about your new journey--being out of the classroom and working more in the community with children and families. For me as a beginner in this field, what I can do at the moment to better serve children and families is within the classroom. Later on, when I feel more confident in dealing with issues beyong the classroom, I would explore more out of the classroom. Thank you!
    Xiaowan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cynthia,
    Best of luck to you as you transition from the classroom. I'm sure you will be successful as you reach children and families on a different level. Thank you for your willingness to share your perspectives throughout this class.
    Renee

    ReplyDelete