Friday, December 12, 2014

Professional Hopes and Goals




I have had such a wonderful journey while working in the young education field. I have met so many awesome children and families from all diversities. I have enhanced my proficiency in Spanish, and Ukrainian. I have had the pleasure to learn about each of my children and families cultural profiles, foods, traditions, and the way they celebrate special holidays.

One goal I would like for the early childhood field is to incorporate more of a multicultural curriculum that will last the duration of the year, as well as meaningful and purposeful activities that will facilitate the children’s learning, and understanding of differences and inclusive classroom communities.

I would like to thank my colleagues for the resources, suggestions, and helpful comments during our course together. I wish each and every one of you the best of luck and success in your future of educating our wonderful young children!!!

Another Day In Paradise
performed by Phil Collins
about insensitivity of people towards the problem of poverty:

"She calls out to the man on the street
'Sir, can you help me?
It's cold and I've nowhere to sleep,
Is there somewhere you can tell me?'
He walks on, doesn't look back
He pretends he can't hear her
Starts to whistle as he crosses the street
Seems embarrassed to be there"

6 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia,
    The quote from "Another Day in Paradise" just gives me the chills. It's hard to imagine the coldness that both of the people involved would be feeling...

    Thank you for sharing your insights throughout this course! I have really enjoyed your blogs and you have given me plenty to think about in the discussions as well.
    Take care and best wishes!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia, as always it has been a pleasure reading your post and working with you in this class. The multicultural aspect is an important piece when it comes to early childhood. We must inform children that they exist and they are important. They are special, loved and important. Good luck to you Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia,

    This was a great journey and I have really enjoyed your blogs and sharing mines with each class member. It was great learning about different cultures. Good luck in your future classes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cynthia, the families that you work with are so lucky to have you as you have shown that you have gone above and beyond in order to make them feel special, valued, and that they belong! It is a wonderful feeling when educators really take the time to get to know the families on a personal level! You should feel proud of yourself!!! :)

    Thank you for sharing all your thoughts, knowledge, and personal experiences throughout this course. Having the opportunity to share our experiences about diversity makes it come alive as the stories we share makes it so real. You have set a nice goal and it looks like you are already on that path!

    Although the poem that you shared saddens me, it is the reality. Many people close their eyes when they come across to diversity. If they don't see it, then they don't have to face it and look at in the eye. If people close their eyes, we can never truly make a difference.

    I wish you continued success with your courses to come!

    Take care,
    Stephanie



    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cynthia,
    I enjoyed your blog. The multicultural curriculum is very important to the learning and development of all children. I have looked forward each week to reading your blogs and discussions. You are very passionate about what you do. The children and families that you interact with are very blessed to have you in their lives. Good luck and continue to be an AWESOME EDUCATOR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cynthia! I admire the fact that you have enhanced your proficiency in Spanish and Ukrainian. This will certainly come into handy when dealing with children and families of diverse backgrounds. I also think that you set a very good goal when it comes to incorporating more multicultural activities into your curriculum. This will assist the children and their families in enhancing their knowledge and understanding of differences and sameness. I have truly enjoyed collaborating with you throughout this course. I hope to work with you again in future classes!

    ReplyDelete