Sunday, April 20, 2014

When I Think of Child Development.....

Throughout this course I have learned so many valuable lessons that ran deeper than child development itself. While obtaining my Associates degree we often discuss children's developmental domains their levels, and skills, but not much about the underlining issues or affects that can hinder such developments, in this course we really touched on environmental, and social barriers, we even went in depth in discussing the positive/negative impact that technology has on young children! 
But what I take away from this course most of all, is how we as educators can make a difference in children's live that are labeled as; "special needs".








4 comments:

  1. Hello Cynthia,

    I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences and knowledge with me throughout this entire quarter of course work during the discussions and blog assignment. When I was not sure about an assignment or even how to do it, your posting was the first one there to help guide me alone the way.

    Thanks a million

    LaTonya


    Cynthia

    I enjoyed reading the “Special Needs Moms: A look inside” saying. This particular saying reminded me of a statement I would say to moms as an encouragement when their child had some type of sickness they were battling. I would say something like this God gives special children to special parents. I also feel Parents who have children with special needs requires our support and not our sympathy. I agree it is not easy for a moms or parents in general to raise a child, but if parents who know there is a circle of community that is willing to fight for their rights, make sure their child best interest is at heart and who is willing to collaborate with them to make sure their child’s needs is met; will make a world of different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia,
    Thank you for sharing your birthing experience and the growth and development of your girls. Thank you also for your insights on the discussion board and your blog. I wish you all the best in your future courses and in your career as well. Hopefully, I'll see you on the board in the next course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cynthia,
    Great post, I will agree that this course has been a valued learning experience. The class has been on a different level than other child development course I have taken. I also agree that the course has been very resourceful concerning how educators can make a difference in the life of a special needs child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cynthia,
    I love the poem. It speaks volumes on the unconditional love and courage that mothers have for their children. I agree that we can make all the difference in a child's life, especially during the early years.

    ReplyDelete