Sunday, February 23, 2014

Codes of Etnical Conduct..





Ideals 1-1. 1- To be familiar with the knowledge base of early childhood care and education and to stay informed through continuing education and training:

This particular Ideal is important to me as an early childhood educator because in order to understand the basis of children and development, you must first go through extensive learning and hands on trainings. One can achieve this by continuing their education, attending trainings offered through the community or nationwide conferences, and last to have the experience of working hands on within the field.

Ideals 1-1. 3- To recognize and respect the unique qualities, abilities, and potential of each child.

Working in the young childhood education field, you encounter many children and families that come from all ethnicity, family financial situations, cultures, and children with different abilities. We as educators must stray away from bias and prejudice, in order to help the children become successful in learning and developing to their full potentials, in spite of challenges they may have at school or at home.  

Ideals 1-1.8- To support the right of each child to play and learn in an inclusive environment that meets the needs of children with or without disabilities.

I always start my classroom set up in the beginning of the year inviting, full of rich materials in each of my learning centers, age appropriate, accessible, and functional to where I know if I meet any challenges of lack of other adult classroom support, my classroom will act as a third teacher.

I believe in providing opportunities for all children despite their different abilities, just giving them the opportunity to be apart of their classroom community makes them feel included as well as supported.








4 comments:

  1. Cynthia, I believe you choose great codes of ethic. First, how can you provide the best care for a child if you don't understand how they learn and grow. Playing for them is the same as working for us. Playing is important because that is how they explore the world. It is important for us to come to their level and play with them so they can learn that mommy/daddy has time for them. Every child carries a special talent or gift and we have to figure out what it is in order to help them nuture that gift so that it will grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia, I have enjoyed reading your post through this class period. I have learned so much from you, and we are alike in so many different ways. In order to be a teacher, it is always important to look through the glass with the childs eyes. They see the world totally different from the way adults see the world. I learned that from you. I plan to remember the quote that you posted by Fred Rogers about never taking things for granted because that can be very easy to do sometimes. As well, I have decided to make a lesson plan around "And Tango Makes Three", which was the book you posted that dealt with families being so much different, but also so much the same. Please send me a post anytime. Don't let this class ending stop you from providing the sources that new teachers like myself would love to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia
    Thank you so much for the effort that you have put into your blog postings. I know that when I visit your page, I will come away with something to reflect on. I am so appreciative of your resource suggestion, Paley’s “A Child’s Work”, and I cannot go without saying how much I enjoyed your Dr. Seuss’ “We’re all a little weird” quote!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia,
    I have enjoyed being your classmate and enjoyed your blog posts as well as discussion posts. Thank you for your comments to mine as well, I enjoyed the feedback tremendously.
    Good luck with all your goals, especially for major advocacy.
    Zeina

    ReplyDelete